Instructions for Installation (Linux for 32-bit i386 machines)
That is all; you are now ready to estimate multiprocess and multilevel models.
It is critical that you first familiarize yourself with the program and
its features by reading the manual's
"Getting Started" and (first part of the) "User's Guide."
- Create a directory where you want to store the executable files, say, "$home/aml/bin".
- Download setup.zip into this directory.
- From a command line prompt, type "unzip setup1.zip" to extract the executable files.
- Create a directory in which you want to store the sample files and programs to
which the User's Manual refers, say, "$home/aml/samples."
Download samples.zip into that directory and extract its files.
- In order to run aML and its auxiliary programs, you need to add their
location to the path environment variable. Under the C-shell, this may be
done by adding the line "set path=($home/aml/bin $path)" to
the "$home/.cshrc" file(s).
- Type "source $home/.cshrc" for the new path to take effect.
Back to the Download page.
This page was last updated on 31 January 2006.
Send comments to email@example.com.